Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dinner Party Tip - Keep a Hostess Diary


Planning a dinner party is tough enough without worrying about whether you have served your guests a certain dish before.  If you are like me, you have certain go-to dishes for dinner parties.  And that’s fine, but you probably want to avoid serving the same thing to the same people over and over, or accidentally serving someone with a nut allergy something with nuts in it. I solved this by using a hostess diary.  What is a hostess diary? It’s a record of what you served and who was there. You can also add other notes such as was the quantity of food right? What wine did you serve? Did something go over particularly well or not so well? Would you do something differently next time? What décor did you use?

 I use an actual thing called a hostess diary, but in the past I have used a regular old notebook.  It does not have to be fancy as it’s really for your reference.  It takes me all of about five minutes to fill in once the party is over and I have a record that I can refer to later. It makes entertaining and having dinner parties a little bit easier for me, and maybe for you too.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment