Thursday, June 6, 2013

Great Kitchen Tool - Microplane Grater



Today I’d like to introduce you to one of my favorite kitchen tools – the Microplane grater. It’s my go-to tool for grating hard cheeses such as parmesan and romano , zesting citrus and grating carrots for coleslaw.  I have had mine for at least 10 years and it shows no sign of slowing down, it’s still as sharp as ever. Speaking of sharp, I have grated my fingers more than once on it, so be careful when you use it.
I love how easily the Microplane grates the toughest of foods into light, fluffy bits.  Clean up is easy too, it goes into the dishwasher. 

What are some of your favorite kitchen tools?

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorites is the grapefruit spoon. It peels fresh ginger very well. Of course, it is also useful for separating the segments in your grapefruit.

    ReplyDelete