Thursday, July 25, 2013

A trip to the Farmers Market

Last weekend I went to the Windsor farmers market. We are very lucky to have several farmers markets close by on both Saturdays (two in Santa Rosa and one in Healdsburg) and Sundays (Windsor).

I got my first heirloom tomatoes of the season, some kale, peaches and nectarines, both lemon and regular cucumbers, and the prettiest heirloom carrots I have ever seen. Here are some photos of what I made with my produce.


Salad with kale and white peach
Salad with cucumber, lemon cucumber, cherry tomatoes and heirloom carrots
Pretty heirloom carrots are good in a salad or all on their own

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! We have a wonderful farmer's market here in Campbell, in the south bay, and it is the place to be on Sunday mornings!

    ReplyDelete